Environment

Environment

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Car lock locked

For more than 30 years I’ve had an anti-theft lock in my car ("AutoBlock"). An iron bar between steering wheel and brake, with a lock. Meticulously I applied it when parking the car, ALWAYS. Even for 5 minutes. Today it did not want to open any more, while at the shops. So there I was, fiddling a lock, in my car. No one looks, no one sees.

Anyway.

Called the insurance, and they sent a grua. He tried to call a colleague to bring a cutting machine, but it was a quarter to 2, so almuerzo. He then put my car on his lorry, and took me to a friend’s garage, that was still open despite it being 2:10, and him not picking up the phone. There he borrowed a machine and took the bloody lock off in 5 minutes.

Great service, Seguros Reale and Gruas Azor! Many thanks!

All done within an hour. I wonder if they’d have been so efficient in the Netherlands.

Now what to do.. Buy a new anti-theft device, or..?






No comments:

Post a Comment