Environment

Environment

Monday, November 5, 2018

Kitchen Drains

A long standing irritation: the kitchen sink drain. It was never great, and with the outside plaster replacement the drains were put in the wall with flexible tubing. They got sort of blocked a month or so ago. Two packets of caustic soda did not unclog them. Nor did a dash of sulfuric acid. So lets replace the in-wall pipes with a tube behind the kitchen cupboards. And simply connect it up to the loo drain, where the washbasin was connected.

Pity that is 32mm connection while I need 40. So I had to saw it off, and sanded the protruding bits off with a Dremel. It took about a day.

Yes, I’m quite knackered. I’m too old to fold myself into kitchen cupboards all day.

But the good thing is that we can wash away things like teabags as we were used to!








No comments:

Post a Comment