Environment

Environment

Monday, March 7, 2016

Coup de coeur #5: Moulin de Braqueville

(A series of "Pierre, what do they not have" posts)

Well, you cannot deny me a taste for quaint properties. Here is a very special one. It's the Moulin de Braqueville, located on the river "Dure", near Montolieu.

The house is located high above the river, which explains it is still there. Quite contrary to the actual mill building, the remnants you can see below. A disaster happened here, September 8th 1871. Enormous rainfall in the Montagne Noire caused a massive surge of water, causing destruction in the whole area, including the works of the Moulin de Braqueville. It was never rebuilt, and the mill is as you can see it today.

This house was advertised on IADFrance, and only there, as far as I could see.










Here is a case of a totally unwilling estate agent:

Bonjour,

Ce moulin ne correspond pas à vos projets.

Bien cordialement,

Catherine TAILLEFER

and

Bonsoir ,

Comme je vous l'ai dis dans le message je ne pense pas que ce bien corresponde à vos projet, par contre si vous voulez le voir je fais une visite vendredi à 15h30, si vous voulez en profiter c'est avec plaisir.

Bien cordialement,

Catherine TAILLEFER

How kind. And just a few days notice.

But, more roads lead to Rome. There are very nice panorama pictures online of this house. I wrote the maker that I really liked the place and his pictures, and perhaps he knew the owner? He did! The owner was an old friend of his, who sadly died the year before. But he would let the daughter know I was interested. A few days later I got a very kind email thanking me for bringing interest to the house, but that sadly for me it was now sold, that very day.

I like to think I helped the sale by expressing interest, and pushing the other interested party. I still hate this estate agent. The house was nice, and within budget, so..

I would not have minded to live with this view, after throwing the pot down the river.



Ok, this interior is a bit old, and the estate agent's papers are included in the photo. (Often the case! They make a picture of the kitchen, but with the briefcase and all paper on the table.)

No comments:

Post a Comment